Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

Re: [sharechat] SPE - Future XYZ?!!

From: Derek Watt <dkw@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 18:06:39 +1200

Osbert,
As far as I understand it SPE has a conditional agreement to buy Wel
technology. Wether this is still valid or not no-one seems to know,
but judging by the shareprice it seems highly doubtful. SPE has
fallen so much, so quickly, that I think a 'please explain' is in order.

Since Wel Technology was going to be paid for in both cash and
SPE shares, this must pose a problem for SPE now that they
have such a low share price

But I don't read much into John Ohara not being the CEO of Spectrum.
Maybe there is something I don't know, but if John Ohara remains in
charge of Wel technology then so much the better. He doesn't have
to be CEO of spectrum to do this and it may give him more time to
concentrate on Wel technology.

Regards,
Derek

At 02:02 PM 4/4/00 +1200, you wrote:
>   James,   The share price of SPE suffered initially from the  continued
>delay in the company's e-commerce transformation and lack of
>materialization of promises. The fall has been further accelerated by the
>failure of SPE in obtaining the service of John O'Hara. Although in the
>latest  announcement the WEL deal was not mentioned, I would expect that
>the purchase of  WEL Technology by Spectrum has become as a sure thing as
>the appointment of John  O'Hara. Let's consider the current situation: John
>O'Hara will not be the CEO of  SPE; John O'Hara will continue to serve as
>the CEO of WEL Technology. So what  would be the future for WEL under SPE
>if John O'Hara will not be there to manage  it personally? Of course I
>could be wrong about all these.   Kind regards, Osbert Sun   ----- Original
>Message -----     From:    James    Webb    To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
> Sent: Monday, April 03, 2000 10:55    PM   Subject: Re: [sharechat] SPE -
>Future    XYZ?!!
>Sorry, I must have missed something, but what underpins the    collapse of
>SPE share price?

Derek Watt
http://members.tripod.com/DKWatt/

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.