Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

Re: [sharechat] SPE - Future XYZ?!!

From: "Osbert Sun" <osbert.sun@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 14:02:18 +1200

James,

The share price of SPE suffered initially from the continued delay in the company's e-commerce transformation and lack of materialization of promises. The fall has been further accelerated by the failure of SPE in obtaining the service of John O'Hara. Although in the latest announcement the WEL deal was not mentioned, I would expect that the purchase of WEL Technology by Spectrum has become as a sure thing as the appointment of John O'Hara. Let's consider the current situation: John O'Hara will not be the CEO of SPE; John O'Hara will continue to serve as the CEO of WEL Technology. So what would be the future for WEL under SPE if John O'Hara will not be there to manage it personally? Of course I could be wrong about all these.

Kind regards,
Osbert Sun