[sharechat] Re: Chrome Global

From: "Osbert Sun" <osbert.sun@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:52:46 +1300

What's up with CGB on the NZSE. I don't understand how the price moves up nearly 4% on the ASX but on the NZSE a lovely 6.12% down. What gives? I thought the price movements on dual listed stocks should be relatively similar... not complete opposites? -- DF

We had some discussions about CGB on the ShareChat message boards last week. My view is that some people who bought CGB at IPO are now willing to lock in the profits while there is generally lack of buyers chasing the stock on NZSE. The large percentage change of the share price in CGB is somewhat distorted by the low volumes of shares traded. There is an announcement made to NZSE just after the market was closed today about CGB's strategic alliance with Emitch Ltd which sees CGB acquiring an initial tranche of 50,000 shares in Emitch. So far this month CGB has made three announcments relating to its future growth potential.

Regards,

Osbert Sun

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Where to invest money? tennyson@caverock.net.nz