[sharechat] 1986-1987

From: Roy <baldman@theoffice>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:37:36 +1300

I can't help but feel that the marketplace today reminds me of 1986-7.

1. Seems lots of people are "getting into" the market for easy money.

2. Spectacular gains being touted by some (ie xxx% in last 12 months)

3. Sunday papers starting better sharemarket coverage (ie the players).

4. Some of the PE's are "unreal"

5. Comments like "the modern sharemarket can't crash"

6. Increasing levels of consumer/company debt for share investing.

7. The futures market is looking like a "tame game"

8. Rapidly increasing numbers of "pundits" saying thinks like XYZ share
will go to $1.50 (current price 50 cents).

9. Governments starting to crank up interest rates to "cool down" the economy.

10. Tipsters buying more newspaper/magazine advertising space.

Just a thort. I have been an investor since 1969 and do not want to "get
burn't again, like I did in 1987!

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.