[sharechat] Investor competition - Nearly all in the gates

From: frank fernandez <frank.fernandez@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 06:34:17 +1300

At 0630 today Monday 21 February, 39 contenders (quite amazing really -
my e-mail inbox is just overflowing - Ben Dutton, be glad, the entries
haven't been posted on Sharechat) have entered for our "Investor of the
Week" crown - and may the most astute one of us walk away with this
mantle!
There's however still a wee more time before cut-off at 0800am if you
would like to pit your stock market knowledge, acumen and "gut feeling"
in trying to increase your investment in a week against your fellow
Sharechat peers.
I note that some regular Sharechat subscribers - proponents of the
"long-term investment" philosophy -  have not entered our competition
which is a shame because this is obviously intended only to be a fun
exercise to promote greater camaraderie on Sharechat. I am sure, in real
life, most of us would have long and short-term investment stocks in our
portfolio.
Win, lose or draw -  I hope that the competition will add a bit of
interest each evening as to who the leaders are on our 'Investor of the
Week' table, and to whether a surprise announcement or some scuttlebutt
on Friday will upset the apple cart and send the price of a stock
soaring at the last minute on Friday. The opportunities are endless and
I am looking forward to providing updates on who our daily 'king' or
'queen' investors are.
Listed below are the entries received so far. Not surprisingly
(considering the comments on Sharechat over the weekend), AQL has been
picked by most as the stock likely to be soaring up the ladder this
week.

ENTRANT                 STOCK           LAST SELL PRICE

Ritchie Marr            AQL                     0.175
Mike Nelson
Simon Dallimore
Brendon Peters
Terry Mitchell
Mark Hutton
Timothy Carling

Nick Kearney            Advantage               3.72
Wilfried Roding

Andrew                  IT Capital              0.87
Richard Scott

Graeme Christie         Savoy                   0.074
David Lau

Derek                   Spectrum                0.32

Osbert Sun              Heritage                0.12

Steve James             Newcall                 0.52

Rebecca Bibby           Paynter                 0.39

Frank Fernandez         Strathmore              0.50

Paul Frost              NZ Experience           0.14

Kevin Worsfold          Fletcher Building       2.24

Derek Watt              Carter Holt Harvey      1.92

Rob Nottage             Tourism Holdings        2.98

David Thompson          CDL Hotels              0.28

Greg Ludgate            Revesco                 0.50
Rini H

Neil Kemp               Lakes                   0.072

Bret Phillips           Hallenstein Glasson     2.01

Amy Ingram              Montana                 2.00

Chris M                 Fletcher Forests        0.57

Daryl                   Ebet                    0.85
Andrew Nugent

Philip Robinson         Baycorp                 9.40

Jill Christie           Pure                    0.22

Peter McCarthy          Telecom                 9.15
Jon Munt

Jon Swanson             Air NZ A                1.90
Roger Palmer

Hayden Pearce           Ebos                    3.60

Roley Rackley           Tag Pacific             0.55

Cheers,
Frank Fernandez

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Competition update - Will NZSE reach a new high? hyperion