[sharechat] What's up? - Word is "Sell SKY", buy "AQL"

From: timothy carling <tmtcarling@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:37:26 -0800 (PST)

Stuart,
I don't know whether there is going to be any
connection between Blue Star and AQL but I bumped into
a broker friend in Auckland last Friday and his brief
words to me were to sell SKY (apparently SKY is due to
announce a record loss) and buy AQL which is expected
to make a major announcement this week. I have done
both selling SKY at 6.60 at hardly any gain (having
bought at 6.54) and buying a substantial parcel of AQL
at 17.3c (which I thought was a steal). From the sound
of things, AQL is expected to start moving upwards
from tomorrow and there could well be a connection
with Eric Watson's Blue Star Group. After all, where
there's smoke, there's fire!
Ciao,

Timothy Carling

p.s. Like a few others, I am a new entrant to
Sharechat having read about it in the NBR last week. I
find it very informative with excellent perceptive
input from investors, and hope to continue to
contribute on a regular basis. By the way, my pick for
the Investor of the Week contest is of course AQL.