Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

Re: [sharechat] McEwen's Investment Report

From: Andrew Cooper <ACOOPS@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:17:26 +1000

I totally agree.  NZ appears to have been left in the wake of the other markets
in the past 12 years.  You can't pop a balloon unless it is blown up.  Perhaps
IT stocks are different in this example.  PE ratios for some NZ stocks under
what they are now would make a very exciting proposition to any long term
invester.
I am especially bullish about NZOG perhaps they are due to show their real
worth,  some of the figures coming out of their roadshow are quite startling.
It is a bit of a gamble but they could strike what is NZ's biggest oil find.
Even at current prices, with the oil price jumping so substancially in the last
6 months,  their current oil flows justify a higher price.  Keep an eye on GPG
with this matter.  I have heard thay are nibbling at the back door

Regards

Andrew