Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

RE: [sharechat] Newcall (NGL)

From: Dylan James <dylan.james@nzef.org.nz>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:09:21 +1300

I like it a lot. Increasingly with the commodification of utility services
the value of these companies will be in the customer service and billing
technologies and the sales team. In fact these companies do little else.
There are huge synergies between the sales infrastructure and the customer
service/billing systems of all utilities. NZ is a little behind the game in
this respect. Newcall is showing itself to be innovative and forward
thinking in this respect. If they are going to make large investments in
internet billling technologies this purchase makes a lot of sense. It will
allow them to leverage more value from their sales infrastructure.
shares are cheap today as well.

disclosure: increasing my holdings...