Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

Re: [sharechat] McEwen's Investment Report

From: Nigel McCarter <n.mccarter@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:14:03 +1300

One of the interesting points within the article is that the share price
rises are largely driven by high tech stocks and a net movement of capital
from "value" companies to that new sector. One of the driving forces being
the need by fund managers to obtain high capital returns for clients.
What the article doesn't say is what will happen to more non-tech
non-bubble companies when the bubble bursts.  Will stock prices collapse in
both the Nasdaq and S&P indices, or will the effect be confined or
restricted to overvalue indices.
In NZ and OZ, that would restrict price collapses to IT and Advantage, and
leave better performing sectors e.g retail, warehouse, or Michael Hill alone.

What think you?

NIgel

At 08:55 PM 1/26/00 +1300, you wrote:
>   Dear Liam!   Thanks for the posting. "How the Bubble Bursts" is, in
>effect, the same  article. David McEwens office told me this morning that
>they would  consider a posting on Sharechat once their subscribers had all
>received heir  copies, ie in a few days.... which may be too late, if the
>crash may be mere  minutes away!   Regs Willi    ----- Original Message
>-----    From:    Liam    To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz    Sent: Wednesday,
>January 26, 2000    13:48   Subject: RE: [sharechat] McEwen's    Investment
>Report

Nigel McCarter

Shorten the Odds
The Short Portfolio