Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

Re: [sharechat] congratulations to Phil Eriksen and the other value investors who picked FERNZ/Nufarm

From: "Mike Hudson" <mikehudson@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 23:25:33 +1300

I don't know much about FERNZ/Nufarm, it's a company I have never followed,
I prefer to lose my money on air lines and building materials rather than
fertiliser and chemicals but I did receeive a letter from a broker today
which said to take advantage of the slight upturn in price and sell. Several
reasons

- Its US manufacturing operations destroyed by hurricane Floyd
- NZ residents won't be able to claim imputation credits
- NZ index funds have sold out
- Move will save $2m but revenue will grow by only 2% over the next year.
- Company five year growth projections do not allow for any cyclical
downturns in that period.

Make of it what you will

Disclosure: No interest whatsoever

Cheers