Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

RE: [sharechat] Hostile Investment Enviroment

From: Michael Sprott <MSPROTT@clear.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:04:22 +1300

Hugh,

Late reply to Hugh's email below. I maybe biased in this response (see the
email address). The big difference between the environments in NZ and those
of the UK and Australia where Telstra and BT operate is that there are
telecommunications regulators operating in both those countries to make sure
that Telstra and BT do not overuse their monopoly power against their
competition. Telstra and BT are simply not allowed to operate in the same
way as Telecom NZ do in NZ.

ms