Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 1999

[sharechat] IT Shares

From: "ahf" <ahf@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 19:50:22 +1300

There is or has been a vast difference between the NZ IT situation and what has been going on in the States or even Aus.  I think we are just begining to ride what may be a large wave of IT share development down under.  This would obviously be deflated by a fall out on the NASDAQ but personally I don't see this occuring for quite some time yet.  The IT sector has been described as having the same impact as the industrial revolution on the global picture and what we are seeing in IT share values are merely reflecting the long term outlook.  Also the broad parameters of what is happening in the global investment market as a whole with billions of dollars pouring into investment funds etc. will continue for the foreseeable future -baby boomers & all.  There will be pullbacks (which will only present opportunity) and failures but as a whole this is one wave I have been riding and will continue to do so.

Regards
Andrew

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] question: Shortland -> Capital properties notes. Rick