Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 1999

RE: [sharechat] it shares

From: Michael Sprott <MSPROTT@clear.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 15:05:32 +1300

Hi Chris

My two cents worth. The New Zealand market has been relatively cautious in
it's approach to trading of IT shares. Sure there are plenty which have
doubled in the last 6 months but many of these companies have excellent
growth prospects (Advantage for example). In terms of whether there will be
a downturn in IT stocks in NZ then, I would suggest that those companies
which have their fundamentals rights and have their fingers in the right
pies, they will continue to do well. Just like any company. Having said
that, I believe that some of the NZ IT stocks are fully priced based on what
they have shown the market in terms of results and growth prospects to date.
If they continue to produce the goods they will continue to rise.

I would be careful about putting money into any IT share, however, without
understanding what business they are in and what is their competitive
advantage.

Overall, I think that the growth in IT stocks will continue for some time
soon. After all, what other hot markets are their which cash rich investors
can make a buck in?

ms