Re: [sharechat] leaky bldings one last time by macdunk

From: Robin Benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:09:42 +0100

Pressure differences across the outer fabric of buildings essentially
means that an air gap must be correctly employed in the
design/construction of the building. Any good architect will ensure
this and other critical issues (bracing against wind and seismic
movement for example) are addressed intelligently.

Robin

PS. plaster house on timber frame pre 2004 inspect carefully. If it's
been designed/built correctly there's no reason why it shouldn't last
its expected lifetime. Watch out especially for  developer-led housing
(they strip out every last cost and cross every corner they can).