Re: [sharechat] Focus on CEN(Part 4)- Power Station's Fate

From: "Cristine Kerr" <criskerr@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 09:13:09 +1000

Hey Snoopy,

Happy to help.

Confess to no knowledge of the industry, but can answer your questions (below):

How do you see the power market in Australia?

I am in Queensland (no knowledge of other States). My power is serviced by Energex http://www.energex.com.au which used to be Sth East Qld Electricity Board (SEQEB).

Do you have a choice of suppliers?

I wish. Have just received the most horrid electricity bill. On the domestic front - no competitors to my knowledge. (If they're around I'm not aware of it.)

Admit to being totally out of touch with the commercial market so competition may or may not exist.

Do you have a 'line charge' and a 'unit charge' on your power bill?

Qld Govt introduced Community Ambulance Cover last year. In their wisdom they decided to add this to everyone's electricity bill @ the rate of 24.044c/day (eg last qtr charge for us was $23.56).

Electricity is charged according to tariffs. Domestic = meters attached to house, Energex reads meter to record usage in kWh.

Unit Charges:

Not much info but hope it helps,
Cris