Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2004

Re: Re: [sharechat] 9 metre Oil column Amokura-1 confirmed

From: Marilyn Munroe <who.c@res.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:01:09 +1200

Yes things are looking up for NZ Oil & Gas (NOG).

Some points I think you should be aware of however;

1. NOG likes to put a positive spin on its announcements. While they do not
outright mislead it is appropriate to filter their press releases without
using NOG's rose tinted spectacles.

2. You do not have to be a rocket scientist to be aware that bringing an
offshore oil discovery into production is many orders of magnitude more
difficult and expensive than a land based discovery. A awful lot of oil is
needed to overcome the cost and engineering barriers to offshore oil
production.

My guess is that flow tests and further drilling will have to take place to
prove the field, with positive outcomes, before the recent Amokura discovery
can be regarded as a sure thing.

Boop-boop-de-do Marilyn

Disclosure: Hold NOG

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] 9 metre Oil column Amokura-1 confirmed Greg @ Slingshot