Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2004

Re: [sharechat] MUL.ASX - Lets party like its 1999

From: "Cristine Kerr" <criskerr@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:23:48 +1000

Hi David,

Thanks for your mail.

1) Would have to research the tech aspect of this one, however; the major appeal is in regional/under-serviced regions and need/acceptance has already been established - evidenced through contracts to-date. Living in cities, we are used to over-servicing. However; a percentage of the world's population does in fact live and work outside of cities and sometimes we forget just how many are under-serviced.

2) The 'glut' is in anticipation of demand. Uptake is growing each year. A provider cannot take advantage of increased demand if they do not have the infrastructure/capacity already in place. Providers who have a 'glut', i.e.; are well-prepared to fulfil a growing need from increased acceptance/adoption are the ones that are well-placed to take advantage.

3) 'Only' of interest to US Military.... Hmm, I'm willing to bet there are a number of businesses out there who would be happy to 'settle' for 'only' interest from US Military, however; there are a multitude of additional applications - overseas aid organisations, public services such as education, emergency, govt infrastructure projects (roads etc), mining, medical, transport, shipping, retailers (eg Woolworths), etc, etc, etc, throughout all regional areas of Australia and overseas.

4) Extract from MUL profile posted: ' ... Technology Distribution: MTD - For the Jul-Dec'03 period, this segment contributed the majority of revenue. ... ' MTD is an MUL's business line and these results are from early revenue from their Microsoft SPLA licensing. NewSat was only launched in October 2003 and we haven't yet seen the extent of this revenue in a financial report.

5) Tech Architecture - I see contracts as sufficient evidence of acceptance/adoption of MUL's technology architecture.

Regards,
Cris