Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2004

[sharechat] SPN (was LPC Questions)

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:50:03 +1300

Hi Harley,

>SPN-
>Looking at the last  3 annual reports, there has been no change in
>asset valuations apart from depreciation. Shareholders equity is now
>above 80% Chance of special div.?
>
>The Southland Regional Council holds 66%

Perhaps you can tell us?     Are you a shareholder?   Do you live in
Southland?   How 'cash hungry' is the Southland Regional Council?
If they don't need the cash perhaps they will direct that it be left within
the port business?

Are Southland Port 'doing a Lyttelton' and not maintaining their
infrastructure properly?  (I should add here that I believe the
management changes have fixed this problem at Lyttelton).   What big
bills are on the horizon?

What is the breakdown of trade at the Southland Port?   How will it be
affected by the current outlook for farming, forestry, aluminium and
fishing?    These are the kind of questions I would be asking if I was a
shareholder/potential shareholder.

SNOOPY

--
Message sent by Snoopy