Re: Re: [sharechat] re sky city and question for woody by macdunk Reply

From: Capitalist <capitalist@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:22:37 +1300

Woody said<< I do not intentionally trade in alcohol product companies. i.e. Wine. However I do not research companies that I buy therefore I could be guilty of buying a company that trades in Alcohol. Yes if you visited me I would purchase a bottle of wine or a beer for you. I personally believe good manners often has to transcend religious beliefs.But I would never cook or serve Pork products at home. However a chef I have had to. The world is full of compromise. Asfor the Laptop. My three greatest passions are White water rafting, Sailing and Trading. I am happiest when I can combine them all.

Woody>>

You're a good man Charlie Brown. Pragmatism is life. My 13year old son's best friend is Muslim, not so long emigrated from Iraq. I detest religiosity and fundamentalism but would never offend these people because of good manners,as you say. Over the years I have taken a lot of abuse from "erudite" people who don't know me from Adam's housecat who oppose my views. I say kiss my ass.   When you can run your life better than I can mine, show me how. You hoots couldn't run a gas station pump.

"If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business. I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out all right, what's said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right would make no difference."
-- Abe Lincoln

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] re sky city and question for woody by macdunk Reply Allan Potts