Re: RE: [sharechat] I Dunno

From: mixtrader <mixtrader@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 09:36:27 +1300

Callum

Former Student - does that count?

Actually, I am a believer in life-long learning.  In that sense, I am a student until such time as the only thing left to see is a lid.

Cullen's fund thingy - like many fund thingy's around the globe, the returns at best can only match the average market return due to the diversified nature of the portfolio.

Re kick-starting the economy through the use of some of the fiscal surplus, that will only benefit a handpicked few that the "Government" has selected as "winners".  The best approach (in my limited view) is to reduce taxation, reduce the horrendous compliance costs being levied on business, decide whether we want to be regulated by the market (as a free market economy which we ostensibly are) or regulated by excessive legislation (such as is occurring at the moment - Employment Relations Law Reform Bill (ERLRB) as an example), and once we have a clear idea of how the economy is geared to perform, ensure that any legislative changes are consistent with that vision.

Currently we have a couple of ministers doing the rounds with a focus on small business and the reduction of compliance costs and another minister ramroading a Bill that she acknowledges will increase compliance costs.  Of particular interest to me is that Wilson  has acknowledged the compliance costs but admits that she doesn't have a clue on the quantity/magnitude.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Callum t asks about cullens fund thingy mixtrader