Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2003

Re: [sharechat] CONGRATS

From: "Allan Potts" <ajp7079@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 22:35:12 -0500 (EST)

Dear Snoopy,

I don't doubt that your numbers are correct, but they are rather selective and
in any event don't aply to anything I'm doing.

I took earlier profits in gold and didn't start reacquiring gold equities until
Sept. 26th 2003.  That position is currently up 27.27% in just over two months.
 Another position was put on Oct. 7th and is currently up 26.21%.

I don't have anything else in my portfolio that has done as well, factoring in
both currency and price appreciation.  I'm certainly not crowing about this,
but am very thankful to have established these positions when I did.  Seems
that a simple congrats to those who have avocated gold investments has released
a hornets nest.

Go gold.

Disc.  Hold gold, RBD, CHP, KIP, TEL, POT, OST, CLH, ERG and U.S. stocks and
some high yield bonds.  Currently gold gets the best report card.

Allan