Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2003

[sharechat] Thanks Phaedrus..

From: "Russell" <russell.j@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:36:26 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)

I have looked at both Commsec, and Metastock.
Commsec have a very "computer friendly" looking broking service, however I'm happy with the ASB at present and have always had good service from them, and my problem is more how I get and process information, as opposed to how I make trades.
The ASB can not do the trailing stop, that you recommended, but they knew what they were so I will continue to use stop losses. [ I failed to have a stop loss on CPU this week and am repenting]
Metastock were very good to deal with, and are giving me a free look at the system, which helps to establish a bond of trust.
The price is not a big deal, Macdunk is a builder, and will tell us tools in the building game are not cheap, but they increase productivity. [I had major renovations done on my house recently and a builder with a nail gun can produce more, and be gets paid more than one without] the same is true of tools, in the trading game.
I need better tools, the CPU debacle alone this week has cost a bomb, preventing that alone would have paid for Meatstock, I know I could have watched things closer, or put on a stop loss, but economic and social activity must go on, an alert, would have helped.
Will keep you posted.
Allan.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Pe to high? reply to snoopy.by macdunk G Stolwyk