Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2003

[sharechat] A$ to NZ$ exchange rates

From: "Russell" <russell.j@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:53:41 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)

Could any one please help on this one, I can look up the exchange rate as well as any one else, but where I fall down is buying or selling on aux or nzx with $ visa versa.
One day I saw a tidy profit in $A wiped out simply by putting the money in a NZ account. Obviously profits can be enhanced and losses minimized by "doing it right" at present my method is  hit or miss, hands off no control [i.e. not right].
I contacted the bank as I thought they were charging an exchange rate , they don't.
I need a programe that not only does the exchange rate but one that will indicate from a benchmark, if I am trying to swim up hill or not.
Or maybe I just need to understand better what I'm doing, for some reason its just not that obvious [at the moment].

Many Thanks

Allan.