Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2003

Re: [sharechat] re stock fx

From: "John Chaston" <john.chaston@ggn.com.au>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:43:45 +1100

I bought the Stock Fx Trading program in Sydney in July 2003. It is very expensive, but the returns shown by past results were outstanding.

I have been paper trading the system since 29 July, buying the top 10 stocks listed in the system's 'daily report', if the volume for each stock was sufficient.
The returns shown by doing this, using the suggested settings in the system [I exited a position after a profit of 20%, or a loss of 10%], have been very poor, except for one trade in Queste Communications which returned 400% in 5 weeks, [while I was away on holidays, and not following the system].

However, I have just looked back at my trades, with the view of what would be the result if I hadn't sold any of the stocks purchased until yesterday, 3 November.
On this basis, of the 39 stocks bought [from 29 July to 15 September, with 4 weeks holiday in the middle], 3 showed an average loss of 6%, 1 broke even, while the remaining 29 showed an average return of 43%.

On this longer term basis, the returns look fantastic, and finally are in line with the returns suggested by the people who sold me the program.
I will continue to use the system, for the time being, paper trading only, as these results were obtained during a time where the ASX200 has been rising, in this bear market. As I have no long term confidence in the market continuing to rise, I will monitor the system over the coming months, and hopefully see how it goes in a falling market.

I also would like to hear from anyone else using the system.

Regards
John Chaston

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] AIA reply to snoopy by macdunk mixtrader