Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2003

Re: [sharechat] TA/FA

From: "David & Jill Stevenson" <djstevo@quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:29:34 +1300

Crstine,
            Some pretty well balanced out loud thinking . Generous to both sides of the divide. If fundamentals bear out and justify sudden chart movements all the better for best outcomes.  That is justifiable conservatism at play. Unfortunately the two systems don`t necessarily keep pace with one another . TA charts willl more readily disclose insider information   at play  I Sneaked a look at a graph following David`s applauding your appraisal re IVN . Quite spectacular July onwards . Minerals are minerals however . Little to differentiate between individual mining companies - - volatility in specific mineral prices affects them  equally so not much chance to isolate special  situation stocks in that field simply on movements in world prices.. I sometimes wonder where investment journalists get their tips from that they so generously publish . I once worked with a gold mining company that had over 1000 underground  workers . So I suppose that is a potential 1000 tongue waggers if anyone is listening at hand . That is if they have correct information in the first place.. That would be better known by assayers, geologists and Management.

                                  Regards

                                                           David S.