Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2003

[sharechat] Trades - Macdunk

From: "Morgy 40" <morgy40@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 14:24:06 +1200

Macdunk

Your goading has finally got the better of me, trades for September as
follows, all ASX.
All opened in September and closed in September, 30 Day time frame

GTP - 6.59% profit  - Trade open 2 Days
LHG - 10.19 % profit - Trade open 9 Days
MXI -  0.83 % profit - Trade open 1 Days
AGT - 2.36 % profit - Trade open 5 Days
VTI - 11.80% profit - Trade open 4 Days
WMR - 1.93 % loss - Trade open 1 Days
OXR - 0.87 % profit - Trade open 7 Days
KIM - 0.49 % Loss - Trade open  4 Days
LHG - 2.03% Profit - Trade open  6 Days
WTE - 5.27%  Profit - Trade open 2 Days
CTO - 11.79 % Profit - Trade open 2 Days
MAP - 2.11 % Loss  - ( now an open trade in October plus hold a open
warrant) - Trade Open 8 Days
HSN - 1.09% Profit  - Trade Open 8 Days
EMI - 2.85 % Loss  - Trade Open 6 Days

Method, momentum trading, cut losses let profits run, stop loss cap is 1 %
of  total trading account.

Cumulative account profit for 1 month 8.47 % on Total account from opening
balance for month.
Profit (in the bank) from capital employed 14%
Currently have 4 open trades, 2 in loss situation (within stop loss margins)
2 open profit trades.

Your comment re FA being more honest is a load of old cods wallop, I think
you have chosen to ignore the email posts between snoopy and myself re RBD
?. The result of that was that snoopy has spent over 2 years investing in a
company in which a sizeable profit was available and he chose not to take it
and confirms that he would have done better with his money in the bank, i.e
virtually no risk versus a sizeable risk. If you take the time to actually
read and understand what I wrote you would have seen a similarity to what
you are advocating as an investment strategy and the strategy I was
advocating.
Phaedrus has been promoting this theme for as long as I can remember, it
seems fairly simple and as you seem to promote yourself as a simple person I
would have thought you might have got the significance of it. If you cant be
bothered taking the time to check a free online chart and throwing a moving
average on it well what can I do.

Snoopy should have really wrote something like this, " RBD was a good
company on a growth path with a good dividend , make sure you grab the
growth profits before the management ruin the company as they invariably
do", but because of his penchant for falling in love with companies,  on my
low risk scenario he left 20K on the table. And I think you will agree that
it will be some time before RBD finds its way to those dizzy heights, his
posts now refer to ensuring that they can pay the dividend.
A total waste of time if you ask me

My final comment is , if you have taken the time to get to where your at,
why not go the extra mile and add the balance of the tools available. I dont
think people have to prove themselves to you, you need to prove to yourself
that it doesnt work, I have already proved to you with the RBD scenario that
you are investing with one arm tied behind your back.

Regards

Morgy

Find your perfect match @  http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz   with XtraMSN
Personals!

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Profit Required more than balance ! Morgy 40