Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2003

[sharechat] balance required. by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 22:48:55 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

We have had lots of Ta posts on the forum, with little Input from the Fa posters. Ta Is a system that you should progress towards, after learning and being successful with Fa first.   I do both to a certain extent, and follow trends.   To be good at anything understand your strengths and weaknesses.    Over do what comes easy, and avoid what you are hopeless at.
I developed my own system picking the brains of both Ta and Fa posters much to the annoyance of some of the brain dead.
Four years ago I had never used a computer, Invested In shares or even thought of It.   I thought It was time to teach myself some new tricks, so I bought a computer worked out  the share market on paper first, realized It was money for jam, and Invested In the market.       Yesterday I sold out poa at $8.10 which makes It that If I sold all my shares My Initial stake Is double.
The reason I say this Is to let some of the new people understand that a normal person with common sense can create there own systems, regardless If It Is ta or fa .   Best deal over the last 12 months
sold wri at$1.30 a 30pc gain bought poa at $6.25 with the money and sold at $8. 10 a 33pc gain Inc dividends
Have three companies trending along nicely Aia. Hqp Pwc also have pot which will come Into a trend later.
what did I buy with the money from poa you may wonder?.    I stuck It all on hire quip.
I did post over a year ago that I sold wri and bought poa, so this time I let every one know all over again which leaves me open for ridicule If It turns to custard.    The one thing I do notice with TA people, they will never say I bought this or that today, always how good the system Is .    FA people are more Inclined to be honest, and let It known when they make a clanger.
My record Is one bad deal In five so far, but my system Is to buy In stages which means the first stage supports the second If I am right, and my 10pc stop loss takes effect on the smaller amount If I am wrong.   let It be known that Ta compliments Fa and some people use both.
cheers macdunk