Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2003

[sharechat] Options by Woody

From: fntradingsolutions <fntrade@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 09:33:39 +1000

Please I am not showing off by my e-mail here. The purpose is to show that there are other trades besides, fundamentals and shares. So please give me flak for the system not my motive!

I bought on Sept 9th several ( Shall we say 10 hyperthetical ) Put Options on the SPI when the price was 3248.  I bought
'10' at a strike price of 3250 for a cost of 90 = 90x 18 x10 = Total outlay $16200 plus commission. My Risk factor was locked in at 8% = $1296 . I sold them on Oct 2 for 176 each = 176x18 x 10 = $32220 at any one time my total risk was $1296.
That was my worst scenario. All based on the fact that 3250 was my cycle high which had to be reached by Sept 9 - 12.
 If anybody would like to know any more detailed info on this type of trading just let me know.
I am here to help NOT BRAG!
Woody