Re: [sharechat] TRH Chart

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:20:32 +1200

> You ask if technical analysis would have given a buy signal on
> TRH last Monday.
> Here is an assortment of indicators with their associated signals.
> Most of the buy signals triggered on the Thursday and Friday before.
> All the charted indicators use the MetaStock default period of 14
> days - none have been optimised for this stock. I have used default
> values

Thanks for that Phaedrus - interesting.    I take it the fact that the
indicators have not be optimised means that you haven't been trading
this share yourself.    Still it shows what an aggressive short term trader
could do.    That fourteen day moving average sounds very short term to
me!

Without the benefit of hindsight I wouldn't have gone near Tranzrail
myself either.   Mick said it had good assets, but if the assets were that
good there would be a string of white knights ready to swoop and rescue
the TRH damsel in distress.   Instead the only rescuer waited until the
TRH damsel was face down in the swimming pool barely alive before
diving in to save her.

SNOOPY

discl:  No TRH

--