Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2003

[sharechat] promina float

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 03:09:03 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

Like many others (I suspect), I have received offers in this IPO. I have read the thread on the other channel.......and will await the prospectus as I have preregistered ........What is different to this float to other insurance companies i.e. AMP TWR is this is going to be floated at the bottom of a most horrendous trough that insurance market has  experienced with little to no light in the tunnel.
Why the Float... .. .Can the company think they can suck in investors with the "can not go down any further"theory
.................after cash to reinvest, hoping for an upturn?
.............or are they just crazy,.looking for suckers incorporated.

I don't expect much informed info until prospectus is released , but to me it's crazy to release an IPO in bad sector markets as they would have to offer such discounted pricing to encourage investors.
This is a huge IPO to be released in Australasia  so it will gather huge interest.
Could be the best stag of the decade or the biggest money gathering exercise for the company to invest and lose more.
Car salesmen /insurance agents aren't high on my honesty list ....but I will wait and see . Opinions!!
oop

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] SKC Richard Hooper