[sharechat] wind power

From: "alec" <acp@inspire.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:07:57 +1300

Quite a few haircuts ago I did a lot of reading about alternative energy sources and there strengths and weaknesses. Win was my main interest and there were a couple of ways to store the energy harvested. The main way was of course batteries with the associated inverters etc needed to convert from dc back to ac. costings will have chnged dramatically but this will probably still be prohibitive economically.
There was however a French (I think) scientist looking at using wind as a means of lifting water to a storage area and then producing electricty from the hydro scheme. What came of it I don't know. This would have been un economic then and probably still is but who knows what the future will hold.
Cheers

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] CSL Chart Phaedrus