Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2002

Re: [sharechat] I am Looking for Cheap US$

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 18:41:43 +0000

Hi Allan,

><snipped>  Excellent summary of what is right in the New Zealand
>investing world from a US perspective.

Thanks for those views Allan.   Your comments regarding bank interest
witholding tax, at a very low rate, and the existance of imputation
credits on share dividends are particularly noted.

Now if I can possibly ask you one more question when you next rise
from your sick bed.

Obviously income from investment is important to you.  But with
dividend yields so low and double taxed in the USA, what does an US
investor do if they want to invest for income?  Apart from investing
in New Zealand that is!

> Didn't mean to be so long winded, but, I hope this answered you
> questions.  I've been suffering with the flu since early this
> morning so I'll sign off now and go back to bed.

Get well soon Allan!

SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz