Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2002

Re: [sharechat] Shorting Stocks

From: "Kiwi" <Kiwi@Pitstock.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:12:30 -0400

Title: RE: [sharechat] Shorting Stocks
I have been able to short any US stock I have chosen. There are only 3 main rules to shorting. Rule 1 is you must short on an "uptick". Rule 2 the stock should be above five dollars (generally for margin reasons). Rule 3 shares must be avaliable for shorting. When my online broker has come back to me and said the shares wernt avaliable I would keep resubmitting the order. This worked well and I got the shorts I wanted. As for ASX shorts I have no idea.

Kiwi