RE: [sharechat] Metastock v Online Charting

From: "Craig Hoskin" <craig@infobahnz.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 17:13:27 +1200

Title: RE: [sharechat] Metastock v Online Charting

|Using Metastock:
|1. How long does it take each day to download NZSE / ASX data?

Approx 120 seconds, which is from start of download of data to being able to open said data in Metastock.

|2. How do you update your database to take account of splits, bonus issues etc?  What time committment is involved?

Zero time ... data provider does all that for me.
Depending on your data provider, it can also be handy to have
*Unit Trusts
*Rights & Entitlements
*Company Options
*Exchange Traded Fund Units
*Indices S&P/ASX Indices
*Call Options
*Put Options
*Total Market Advance Decline Line

|3. Is it possible to filter based on candlestick patterns?

Yes

|4. Is it possible to backtest the profitability of a system on all listed stocks

Yes