Re: [sharechat] AUO and ION

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 14:13:08 +0000

Hi Gerry,

> AUO-
> Quite remarkable, the enormous discussion still going
>  on about the AUO chart!

I appreciate you are a self proclaimed 'stock picker' Gerry.
However, I don't think you should narrow yourself to the view that
this discussion was about AUO.   Sure, AUO was the specific example
that got my attention but this 'lots of extra capital suddenly coming
into a company' issue that has been burning a hole in my brain for
several months, before I came out last weekend with a solution I was
happy with.  It is also an issue that will raise itself again over
the coming months.

I am sure the mooted Air New Zealand cash issue will get people
interested as to whether buying into it will be an attractive entry
point.  I would guess traders will be looking at medium and long term
trends to determine suitable entry and exit points.  I don't think
they'll get that by looking at the dare eod closing figures on
record.

Then there is the case of Baycorp Advantage.  There has been
discussion on the forum about the price falling and whether the
current price reflects a suitable entry point.  What chart would you
look back on when making your decision?  Baycorp or Data Advantage?
Perhaps you look at both separately?  Or perhaps my solution which is
looking at a combined chart based on both previous charts is the way
to go?

It was a cold wet weekend, so was probably a good time to sit in
front of the computer and thrash some of these ideas out.

SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"You can tell me I'm wrong twice,
but that still only makes me wrong once."