RE: [sharechat] Visitor numbers and THL

From: "Taari Nicholas" <taari@e-maori.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 12:44:26 +1200

Hi Outthere,

I am a first time sharechat contributer and I wasn't planning on making any comments, but I couldn't resist with THL.  The shareprice chart tells a story.  I sold out of THL at $5.75 a long time ago.  Investors need to understand where THL made its money in the past, which was from the insurance premiums on its campervans.  It was forced to do a deal with Britz.  Maui were a monoploy - Take a drive how many other campervans are out there now.  The other toursim assets are a smoke-screen to the real cash-flow except Kelly Tarltons.  I understand THL's tourism assets are for sale.

Tourist numbers have gone up and so has the currency (still going) - watch those tourist numbers come back.  Try a correlation between tourist numbers and the NZ$.  If you want to watch tourist numbers, watch German tourist numbers they are the ones who drive Maui campervans.  The Germans have had a history of making very few insurance claims.

Unfortunately I do not have enough time or access to information to rely only on fundamentals.  I would be interested in talking directly to anyone else who uses Omnitrader.

Cheers