Re: [sharechat] AUO Chart/Phaedrus

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 13:16:32 +1200

Thanks, Phaedrus.
I believe we are talking about different things.
I understand there can be no manual adjustment to data used in graphs.

If there were, then you would start with the price of 64 cents (pre recording day).

Then at that point, you have a vertical drop (vertical line) to the ex issue price = 56 cents and follow trades as they come through. That would mean that because that 56 cents price has not changed that much, the chart will nearly present a horizontal line till today.

Obviously, the price could have risen to say 60 cents and the graph will show that.

But a chart solely presents the price from day to day with the corresponding volumes.

If there were say a 1:1 split, the chart will immediately show this by a vertical line(drop) but in this placement of 45 cents, it can't.

That is not a problem by itself perhaps as long as we know, it won't.

Unfortunately, an outsider looking at it wouldn't know; if, on the other hand, he saw that short vertical line between the mentioned 64 cents and 56 cents, he would try to find the reason for it-it concerns fundamental investors using charts.

However, that is outside your control Phaedrus and manipulation by hand is not possible.

Thanks for your explanation and as mentioned, your work is being appreciated not just in NZ but also in other countries, as well!

Gerry

Go to Top of Page