Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2002

[sharechat] CHARTING & PHAEDRUS

From: "Peter Browne" <sceni30c@today.com.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:53:01 +1200

Phaedrus: Have seen postings from you before both here & elswhere.
I like your comments & illustrations recently to Barry & Geoff on TA.
My own feeling, as is yours it seems,is that fundamentals are of most
importance,it shows what companies to look at,but TA tells you when &
what to do about them. Find difficulty with those who look to make a
killing playing the penny dreadfuls.
I use a system of my own, simply download prices weekly into a
spreadsheet sort for percentage price change,rank companies weekly
saving ranking watch changes,buying or holding those that were
climbing the list and selling those that are dropping downward. Whole
thing didn't take much time had it's limitations but by and large
gave reasonable performance.I have more time now and am looking into
TA,have not bought any software but use incredible charts website.Use
5 & 50 day average crossovers and understand this,rest is clear as
mud. Have read from website but don't find ideal for learning
from,charts are just pretty pictures mostly with meaning elusive.Any
suggestions for next step,own better software?.Book giving step by
step learning? What else  ????. Thanks

  --- Send the right message ---

        + Today freemail +

Get your free, private email address at