Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2002

[sharechat] TLS

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 15:56:00 -0800 (PST)

  TLS is indeed an ancient battleground - I remember it well. Those interested
in bygone campaigns may care to look at an historic TLS chart and commentary at
:-http://www.sharechat.co.nz/archives/2001/06/msg00452.shtml
 On 21/6/01 I wrote <<<TLS is in a very clear down-trend, and has been for 18
months. It has gone straight through a previous support level of 565.
Technically, the next support is at 465. Right now, there is not the slightest
hint of it bottoming out. Don't even think about buying. You state ".... this
one is starting to look very attractive". Whatever turns you on, I suppose. It
will start looking attractive to me when it stops falling, and starts rising!>>>
 About three months later, TLS bottomed out, closing at 467 after an intraday
low of 462. Isn't that spooky, possums?
 Peter, I would love to be able to report a string of profitable TA based TLS
trades. I can not. The reason? As a matter of general principle, I do not touch
stocks that are in longterm downtrends. TLS still is, has been for over two
years now. I havn't been near it.
 There are plenty of stocks that are in longterm uptrends - whether you want to
buy and hold, or to trade, why make things harder for yourself by trying to
buck the trend?

              Phaedrus.