Re: [sharechat] why is the price falling

From: hugh webber <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:57:35 +1300

Good stuff Hoops, I'm with you.

----------
From: Richard Hooper <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
Subject: Re: [sharechat] why is the price falling
Date: Friday, 22 February 2002 20:51

  Why is the market falling???
  Probably due to many factors, which unless you understand how they all work
and intereact with
each other,you should start at the beginning first rather than entering this
area in the middle
with this question why is the market falling....

Lesson 1:
...James... When learning the stockmarket, keep it simple & be emotionless. You
will have to
broaden your mind & throw away any biases you have in life.

1...It is a market, therefore price is dictated buy supply & demand.
2....Humans belong to the animal species, hence they rely heavy on animal
instincts.
3....Herd behaviour is very common...
4....Sometimes there is not logic..Due to herd behaviour a great stock may get
oversold for no
reason, a poor stock may be rocketing up in price for no reason ...stampedes
could happen even for
no reason, and stocks ignored for no reason.
5...Having a Business Degree gives you no guarantees to make money on the
market because of social
influences.
6...Having a psychology degree gives you no guarantee to make money either
because of the business
factor
7...Having both degrees is a recipe for disaster as one would think too hard
and screw things up
totally.
8...Advice.......Don't buy a crystal ball
                        Don't look in the rear vision mirror while travelling
forwards ( history
may not repeat itself)
                        Don't act on what you read in the newspapers (too late)
                        If people are taking about a stock it's(too late).
                        Analysts get it wrong often ,,and sometimes they
operate a hidden agenda.
                        Trust funds gives a salaries to one or many people who
the investor never
sees. If that investor saw some of these people, they might not let them
babysit their dog  less
alone trust them with their life's savings.(ask the question, would you let
this man go out with
your daughter?)
                        WISDOM is a great asset....James unfortunately this
grows with age..unless
you have acquired it as a natural gift ( I developed wisdom at a young
age.useless at the
time....still capable of doing stupid things..probably more so than others) To
help develop wisdom,
associate and talk lots to the elderly people and relate to them and their
experiences.

                        Don't always believe what you read on
sharechat.......dammmmn....there goes
my post here....oh dear..