Re: [sharechat] Gold

From: "Ruth Ayling" <r.ayling@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 19:11:09 +1300

The article from Andrew's post said:

Jitters on Japanese financial markets should help underpin consumer demand there, while reduced producer hedging and sluggish mine output will also help support prices

This comment confirms what I have previously mentioned about gold. For some strange reason consumers seem to think that gold shores up currencies, when in fact it is the other way around. Like they see gold as a currency peg. As early as 1776 Adam Smith argued against this,and too many people have yet to grasp it IMO.

That aside, good luck to all who speculate in gold, it's not my bag but I know money can be made by the astute.

Ruth

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidise it."  Ronald Reagan