[sharechat] buying time approaching?

From: Jefley Aitken <jefley@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:56:30 +1300

.. moving right along from the 'no posts' bit, nick helmett's 'buying time
approaching' suggestion merits consideration.

i've had some cash for a few weeks and clearly lack the millionaire mindset
(bother!), but it's not a case of not looking for the opportunities.   i've
taken to watching sliders, in the hopes that i can pick a turnaround -- but
no, have had no more success than watching risers and waiting for a dip!

the sliders were nzr, bca, hed, cen, fph, dbg and trh.  had almost decided
that trh's good management over-rode concerns regarding the state of the
tracks and machinery.  $3.40 seemed a good entry, but then yesterday's
surprise from canada spannered my works while i was blinking ... more
bother!

the market certainly does seem to be sagging, and the moderately ok to
excellent results over the last two weeks appear to be viewed with yawns.
 i guess it comes back to the millionaire mindset -- and it's corrollary:
if you can't afford the risk, don't take the chance.

my most recent foray was cav (good p/e and div) and this is quietly
performing according to my instructions, but few other companies seem to
take any notice whatsoever ....

would anyone else care to confess their most recent exercise of a
millionaire's mindset?  cheers, jefley