Re: [sharechat] Wheres the value?

From: "nick" <helmett@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 05:59:41 +1300

          You have summed up my points well, many of these companies were
available
at single digit p/e s only  18 months ago making them genuinly cheap. Now
they seem fairly priced.
Sure tghey are good companies that probably have good prospects ut they are
no longer a bargain.
      With the current world situation looking shaky im more than happy o
hold cash at present.
 Reason is that at some time this year the NZ market will suffer a
correction, bought about by external factors. At this point those shares
will be cheaper than they are now.  When i look back over the last 12 years
of my stockmarket involvement , my best results have been when waiting for
genuine bargains
ie Corporate investments (montana).   Boredom has sometimes led me to buy,
just for some action, these impulse buys are the ones that have usually
failed to perform. Im happiest with a good solid company that is bought at a
cheap price which has long term growth prospects.  The cheap and cheerful
stocks make me feel nervous,  an example being ITC bought out of boredom and
a desire for quick profit, sold at a loss out of fear they were absolute
rubbish. They may or may not be future stars but owning them made me feel
sick.

    Nick