Re: [sharechat] ]Enron OFF TOPIC

From: hugh webber <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 07:57:01 +1300

Don't start me off.  As a member of a band of rational Anglicans I wrote
challenging
the combined bishops statement that the allies were pursuing 'Vengeance' not
justice in Afghanistan
and that 'the richest country in the world was deliberately raining bombs
down upon the hovels of Afghan peasants'. And so on in the best tradition of
Goebbels/Lord Haw-Haw.

Unfortunately it doesn't surprise me to see the Archbishop of Canterbury, whose
knowledge of
economics fits on a pinhead after no doubt doing his doctorate in
 Ancient Greek and Theology, thinks he can pronounce authoritatively that
Capitalism
is fatally flawed and that Enron proves it. Marx had the same idea before him.

The only thing that is fatally flawed is the Archbishop's brain and the
infinite capacity
of the church to pronounce authoritatively on matters it knows nothing about.

Let's see, there was the little matter of the sun going around the earth,
transubstantiation,
Darwin/evolution,.....and now economics....

If the church wants to minimise, nay totally abolish its remaining
influence....it should keep
making pronouncements on areas totally outside its area of competence.

cheers,
Hugh

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Free fundamental stock screener Nick Kearney