Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2002

[sharechat] GPG...what to do?

From: redredwine <redredwine@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 01:31:54 +1300

Mon 0126am
Ladies and gentlemen, some suggestions please.

GPG  C326-04  fri18/01/002

on Direct Broking/GPG/Depth/Ask,   mine is the next order of 1000@325.  It
is only there because I have alot of indicators heading south and could as
easily be a Hold as ASBsec reckons it could be at 550 by October.  Now, I
need to understand Depth a little better, but would also like your input.
 My dilemma is this: should I

        1   Leave the sell order there as a protect profit order and let the
indicators go further south to buy back later, or
        2   Pull the order off and let the next seller be at 326 and have this
very short downturn change and move up?

I can see the price is uptrending nicely and hasn't broken that yet, but
its all about putting in a protect profit marker or riding the noise.

I guess a third option will be to replace the sell order lower with a
trigger and see if the buyers take the price up and away from here.

About Depth; Can anyone read and explain what is going on with the volumes
and prices being placed, what is likely to happen with these numbers,
predict the future because of these low volume bids and [not terribly] high
vol asks?  Anyone?

I imagine this will be a mute point by 0900 as I will have decided..."and
nobody ever took a loss making a profit."  Got a coin?

Thank you for your consultations,

        Ross