Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2002

Re: [sharechat] GDC

From: "dsproul" <dsproul@corsairmarine.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:53:04 +1300

I would love to see GDC get to $2.50, too , Bob, or even $2.25.

But even more, as a relatively short-time suffering shareholder, I would love for the management to act like they have some small obligation to shareholders to keep them a smidgen more informed on their investment in GDC.

GDC is not the only NZ company  to keep shareholders in the dark (Affco love this tack too, and there are plenty others).  But just look at GDC . Since their profit announcement in July, how many announcements ?

      Zero , zilch, nought, tiddly squat, nothing , stuff all.....that's how many.

Wouldn't it be nice to just have an inkling of whether they have picked up some more contracting work  (which by the way , is their low margin revenue).

Or  just a whisper of how their much vaunted iVASP is doing.

Or if the sales in their telecommunications services have held up well since the "all time record month" back in June.

Bob, GDC'S investor relations leaves a lot to be desired.  This is now January ,2002, and not a peep from GDC since July last year.

One begins to wonder if the company has a business plan at all. I don't see any references to plans or budgets in their July announcement.

I even went to GDC's web site and their "Investor Information" page, where it said:

"In Financial Information you can access the latest financial results, historical performance, prospective performance (my emphasis), and you can download results or the latest Annual Report. Share Price and History offers stock quotes, share price history and performance information. Shareholder Information includes dividend information, the Financial Calendar and GDC Staff Share Trading Rules."

When I clicked the info button here's what I got::

"The page you requested is currently unavailable.
Please fill in the form and a GDC representative will contact you."

I guess I am like a lot of other GDC shareholders, I just sit here in my vacuum, navel gazing, hoping for better things, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

Dave

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Sproul;David
FN:David Sproul
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:dsproul@corsairmarine.com
REV:20020112T075303Z
END:VCARD

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Beat the Brokers - Final Results Chris Castle