Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2002

Re: [sharechat] What's Your Favourite Share

From: "nick" <rathel@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 06:25:18 +1300

        I too will have to say GPG, used to be Montana then Frucor.
Now those two gone or going it is GPG.    Have been adding to my holdings
for years.
    I like the annual sharesplit too, the price always recovers after a few
months
so it amounts too 10% compounded every year even if shareprice stays the same.
They go about their buisness quietly but always have something on the go.
       When GPG buys into a company it usually pays to follow suit.ie
wrightsons and montana.
 They have avoided the mistakes of Brierleys, ie no airlines etc. All up
a very attractive way to gain exposure to offshore markets.

 Nick