Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2002

Re: [sharechat] Frucor

From: jerrold poh <jerm@musician.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 22:59:11 +1300

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 08:58:28PM +1300, Adrian Ellingham wrote:
> Why not accept Danone's offer?
>
> If they get 90% acceptances you will get $2.35 per share.  If you
> don't and the price drops - $1.60 per share has been suggested - YOU
> LOSE ANYWAY !
>
> For those who got in at issue, it is a very good profit in a year.
> Sentiment can be expensive!
>
> Maybe Danone will take all acceptances at $2.35  (but less than (90%)
> to get control.   If then the price drops significantly and the
> company remains listed - buy back in.
>
> I think the French are playing a very cunning game - and will probably
> succeed.  Maybe it's time to take the money and go.
>
> Comments?

If you're unsure what the right thing to do is (in regards to the Danone
offer), but still would like your $2.35, why not sell your shares on the
market instead of taking up Danone's offer, thereby letting the real
players who have a vested interest in the share decide Frucor's future?

That way, you get your $2.35, and no bad feelings if you felt you were
letting Frucor down.

Just my 2 cents .. would you like the change :).

Jerrold.
disc. sold fru, for reasons outlined above.