Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2001

Re: [sharechat] Frucor Alternative offers

From: jerrold poh <jerm@musician.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 15:17:29 +1300

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 02:04:44PM +1300, Marilyn Munroe wrote:
> Tick tick tick. Christmass is coming and fund managers will soon be
> heading for the beach.
>
> Anyone considering making an alternative offer doesn't have long.
>
> My best guess is that no competing bidder will emerge and that on 4th
> Jan, when Danone's offer closes they will declare their offer
> unconditional and take up whatever level of acceptances they have
> receivied.
>
> This will hold the blow torch to the wallets of holdouts such as
> myself who beleve that the offer does not fully value Frucor.

I agree with what you have to say regarding what Danone might do on the
4th, and like the few sharechatters who've been expressing their
agonizing indecision of what to do with their FRU shares, I know
exactally how they feel.

In the end, I decided to let the people who have the "real" vested
interest in FRU make the decision instead of me, so I sold them the
other day at $2.36.

Now I can go and buy a share (like Nokia, which looks quite nice atm),
and not have to worry about what happens to FRU.

<flame suite=on>

Isn't it strange, people who're probabaly holding their FRU atm are
saying that fundamentally it's worth alot more, and speculating on what
the price might be in the future.  Isn't this why people don't like TA?

</flame>

Anyway, no more TA vs FA posts for me ... have a good christmas and take
care.

Jerrold.