Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

[sharechat] Feverpitch International (N.C.M. IPO)

From: "Paul Frost" <frostpt@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:40:41 +1300

There was a relatively positive article on www.stuff.co.nz on this IPO.

My understanding is that Feverpitch will set up a form of betting exchange that will bypass the bookmaker.
ie. punters can set odds or accept odds set by other punters.
Feverpitch will target the lucrative USA market and will generate income by charging a 5% commission on all transactions.

However in difference to the impression created by the "stuff" article the concept is not unique. www.betfair.com

Nevertheless I was very impressed by the  Feverpitch pilot site. www.feverpitchexchange.com
I opened an account in a couple of minutes and they even gave me US$5.00 to start me of.

Sports betting is a huge industry in the USA. If Feverpitch can gain some sort of penetration into that market they have the potential to do well.

My opnion of this IPO is that it's a straight ''punt".
It'l be up to the individual investor if they want gamble $500.00 or more on it.
I might be prepared to take that gamble with $500.00, but no more.

Regards